HA HA just heard Flo Fo again on the best of Wait Wait, the Carnegie Hall show (remember the Bri Pod?). Cosme McMoon- best accompanist ever! On her singing: Mrs. Verrinder-Gedge remarks “Your singing leaves me dizzy. It is hopelessly uneven and lacking in semblance of pitch. The notes are not scooped,but bulldozed. You are unsteady in rhythm, unholy of timbre, and completely innocent of the niceties of phrasing and style. Nature did not endow you with a voice, Mrs. Jenkins – but threw one at you in a rage! You cannot sing! Not a note!” -to which Mrs. Jenkins replies “I am aware there are people who say I cannot sing! …But – whatever the case may be – there is no one who can say I didn’t sing!!”
2 comments:
HA HA just heard Flo Fo again on the best of Wait Wait, the Carnegie Hall show (remember the Bri Pod?). Cosme McMoon- best accompanist ever!
On her singing:
Mrs. Verrinder-Gedge remarks “Your singing leaves me dizzy. It is hopelessly uneven and lacking in semblance of pitch. The notes are not scooped,but
bulldozed. You are unsteady in rhythm, unholy of timbre, and completely innocent of the niceties of phrasing and style. Nature did not endow you with a voice, Mrs. Jenkins – but threw one at you in a rage! You cannot sing! Not a note!”
-to which Mrs. Jenkins replies “I am aware there are people who say I cannot sing! …But – whatever the case may be – there is no one who can say I didn’t sing!!”
Happy New Year: Sing Out!
apparently there are more "mrs jenkins" out there.
give these a listen.
http://rurl.org/2977
Post a Comment